Browse Exhibits (1 total)

McV1_John.jpg

McVitty Hours

This book of hours came into Hollins University’s possession in January 1943 when Samuel McVitty donated it along with many other manuscripts, leaves, and rare books, which became the McVitty Collection. McVitty’s wife, Lucy, was a member of the Board of Trustees at Hollins, and McVitty donated them only a year and a half after his wife’s death, due to her interest and participation in the university. The book is now housed in the Special Collections of the Wyndham-Robertson Library.

, ,